Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


So much to say thank you for: a constant and patient husband, a little daughter, a naughty but dear cat, a merciful God, truth-speaking friends, some very good books, some very beautiful pictures....
I made this roasted pumpkin fondue from the November 2008 issue of Gourmet for Halloween, but if I were preparing a Thanksgiving feast, I would start with this. And perhaps end there. Oh, well, there would be my mom's pumpkin pie, too. Because it is the very best dessert I have ever had.
Instead, I am going to feast with my family - my parents, my aunties and their families, and my Granddaddy. Being together with people who are so dear to me.
Happy Thanksgiving, to those of you who read along.

2 comments:

SardineInk said...

So pretty! Happy Thanksgiving!

Nicole said...

this looks beautiful, and delicious. hope your thanksgiving was nice! xo