Monday, April 19, 2010

In my remember

Today when the two of us were alone in the car, Audrey said, "I keep hearing baby Lola's music in my remember." In my remember, I have been hearing my grandmother's voice, smelling the boxwood planted in the numerous gardens of the colonial American historical sites I visited while growning up, tasting the french-cut frozen green beans soaked in the syrup from the pancakes of my favorite childhood meal my dad used to make for me, and the feeling of reading a really thought-provoking academic article or coming up with some wow-idea for an essay or term paper. What is in your remember today?

1 comment:

sjeanne said...

In my remember today is the popcorn we popped before watching Little House on Monday nights (it is Monday night - just about that time!). And Audrey's cheery little voice wondering what would be her surprise the next time she comes 9I'm working on that). And you and Michael making up games and imaginary settings in the back seat of the car with just a box of Kleenix! Oh what fun we have had!